Thursday, June 10, 2010

The Man From Another Place's First Video

Hello everyone,

The greatest thing that I listened to last year was The Loneliest Cowboy EP, the debut release from The Man From Another Place; brain-child of Scottish composer Daniel Hirst. I really love The Loneliest Cowboy EP so much that I listen to it for inspiration when it comes time for me to start recording my own music. It really is like every band that I love combined into one simple package. It has the compositional skill of a Heavy Blinkers song with the catchiness of a Beach Boys tune, without any vocals, which, in my opinion leaves room for you to ponder on the meaning of the songs with just your own imagination as reference.

The video stars Ron Smith and Abbra Smallwood and is directed by Justin Hannah, a director from Lexington, KY. The description of the video reads "Alone in the darkness, a man is haunted by a memory, warm, shimmering and beautiful". I couldn't agree more, so I am happy to share his first of what I know will be several, music videos. =]



myspace | website

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I bought the EP a few days ago and it is excellent! I am now waiting for some more compositions from Daniel Hirst. Like you, I found the tunes to encompass everything I love as well. Thanks for letting me and others who read your blog know about The Man From Anther Place. If possible, you should try to get an interview with him. I would love to hear what he has to say.

Take care,

Jeremy