Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Blink 182 - Take Off Your Pants and Jacket

Before anyone says "Blink 182 are lame! Why on Earth would you want to review them?", just let me say I never really liked Blink 182 when I was younger when they were still on MTV and the radio. I really only started listening to them after they broke up and they were no longer grounds to get made fun of.

That being said, Take Off Your Pants and Jacket is my favorite Blink 182 album, and although it was never as successful as their previous album, Enema of the State, I feel like this album has a lot more to offer fans and non listeners alike. I've always liked Travis Barker's drumming, even when he was with the Aquabats and the vocal chemistry between guitarist and bassist Tom Delonge and Mark Hoppus is undeniable. This album is unmistakably a pop album with all the hooks and sing alongs to prove it. All the songs on this album are really good quality songs running the gamut from hilarious to utterly bummed out, and I've always had a thing for songs that are more sad than I am. It gives me a teeny bit of hope.

Anyway, I'm sure my review of this album would have been massively different had I written it when it first came out. I was always very anti-emo, and my naive young self was quick to label anything with the word "love" in it emo, and this album certainly has enough of that.

I suggest you pick up this album if you're ever in the mood for a nostalgic trip back to middle school...or elementary, or where ever you were when you first heard this stuff. I love nostalgia, and I love this album too.


No comments: